The Community Service Committee
The Community Service Committee is dedicated to improving the community through dental and non-dental volunteering. Annual events include the Halloween Fair at the Boys and Girls Club of Santa Monica, the Thanksgiving Day Health Fair, and Give Kids a Smile. Past events include beach clean-ups, oral health instruction at homeless shelters, and Griffith Park clean-ups. The committee continues to strive to increase its contribution to the community by targeting specific needs and having more events and participation.
- Expand our community service outreach beyond dental oral health events to reach different demographics of the community.
- Host events after community service events such as BBQs to bring together all the volunteers and reward them for their service.
- Plan to have one event in the works by the end of fall quarter.
- In social media, create a video compilation of our events to publicize our committee and expand media outreach to pre-dental students, dentists, and other potential volunteers.
- In dental supplies, implement an organized system where all supplies and the locations of these supplies are accounted for.